The admissions process at Providence Early Childhood and Providence Christian School is comprehensive in nature, in an effort to foster success for students, parents, and teachers alike. Aside from assessing the academic and social readiness of each potential student, the Admissions Committee strives to fully communicate our educational and biblical philosophy as a school, ensuring that enrolling families share our vision for classical Christian education.
Providence Christian School is currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school year. To apply for the 2020-21 school year please call the office at 334-702-8933 to receive an application. Applications for the 2021-22 school year are available online. Please view the "How to Apply" section for details. Providence Early Childhood (K3-Kindergarten) will begin accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year on February 1st. Please keep in mind current students of PCS (1st- 12th) and PEC (K3-Kindergarten) do not need to fill out an application each year.
The Admissions Process
Upon applying, a student screening will be arranged, and a conference must be scheduled with a school administrator.
- Parents of students applying for grades K5-12th must read or listen to The Case for Classical Christian Education by Douglas Wilson prior to the parent conference. These are available in the school office and online.
- After all required information is collected, parent and/or student conferences are completed and student screening is completed, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee for consideration.
- The school will then notify parents with a decision regarding acceptance. If accepted for admission, the official Request for Records Form will be sent to the previous school attended. When a student is accepted for admission, the student’s official records and the tuition plan agreement are required to complete the admission process.
- Presently enrolled Providence students and their siblings seeking re-enrollment, as well as children of active First Presbyterian Church members and Providence Early Childhood K-5 students will be given strong admissions consideration; however, a philosophical and academic fit for classical and Christ-centered education is necessary to be considered for admission. These applicants, along with all other applicants, will be reviewed by the admissions committee.
- Families will be notified as to whether a student has been approved for admission, denied admission, or placed in the waiting pool for consideration when an opening becomes available.
Providence Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. Providence Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Providence Christian School does reserve the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, philosophical compatibility, and a willingness to cooperate with the Providence Christian School administration and abide by its policies.