The admissions process at Providence Christian School is comprehensive in nature, in an effort to foster success for students, parents, and teachers alike. Aside from assessing the academic and social readiness of each potential student, the Admissions Committee strives to fully communicate our educational and biblical philosophy as a school, ensuring that enrolling families share our vision for classical Christian education.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year only. Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open at a later time.
The Admissions Process
Upon applying, a parent conference will be arranged with a school administrator.
- Parents must purchase and read (or listen on audio CD) The Case for Classical Christian Education by Douglas Wilson (available in the school office) prior to the parent conference.
- After all required information is collected, parent and/or student conferences are completed and student screening is completed, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee for consideration.
- The school will then notify parents with a decision regarding acceptance. If accepted for admission, the official Request for Records Form will be sent to the previous school attended. When a student is accepted for admission, the student’s official records, the enrollment fee, and the tuition plan agreement are required to complete the admission process.
- Presently enrolled Providence students, their siblings, seeking re-enrollment, as well as children of active First Presbyterian Church members and First Presbyterian K-5 students will be given strong admissions consideration; however, a philosophical and academic fit for classical and Christ-centered education is necessary to be considered for admission. These applicants, along with all other applicants, will be reviewed by the admissions committee.
- Families will be notified as to whether a student has been approved for admission, denied admission, or placed in the waiting pool for consideration when an opening becomes available.
Providence Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. Providence Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Providence Christian School does reserve the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, philosophical compatibility, and a willingness to cooperate with the Providence Christian School administration and abide by its policies.