Work at Providence
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the teaching and ministry team of Providence Christian School, a ministry of First Presbyterian Church. PCS faculty, coaches, and staff are gifted and talented individuals possessing a personal relationship with the Lord with a strong desire to impact young people in their subject or co-curricular area. These individuals are Christian role models that demonstrate a love for the Lord, a love for children, and a love for teaching.
Our prayer is that every student will be positively impacted by each of our teachers as we strive to build within each child a life-long love for learning within the context of teaching classically from a perspective of a Christian worldview. It is our belief that teachers serve as role models--both inside and outside the classroom--to their students, and therefore should integrate biblical truth into their teaching and personal example. (Romans 10:9-10, 1 Timothy 4:12, Luke 6:40).
Gaining an understanding of our vision for this classical and Christian education model is an essential part of our hiring process. Therefore, we ask interested educators to read our information booklet and Douglas Wilson's book "The Case for Classical Christian Education." The information booklets are available at the school, and the book is available at either the school office, First Presbyterian Church, or Amazon.com. We recommend waiting to complete the application until after reading both resources.
After your application has been received and reviewed, the personnel committee will contact you if an interview is desired. Before an applicant is hired, he or she must be interviewed by the personnel committee. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome your prayers. If you have any questions about the school or the application process, feel free to call (334-702-8933) or stop by the school office at any time.
Employment at Providence Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, sex (gender), national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Providence Christian School is a religious educational ministry, permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion. All prospective and current employees must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the PCS Statement of Faith and the Declaration and Agreement to Ethical and Moral Integrity Policy.
Criteria for employment at PCS include the following:
- Teachers possess a bachelor's degree or above.
- Teachers will upgrade their knowledge and skills through continued training in classical, Christian education.
- Teachers are certified or willing to work toward certification by ACCS (Associate of Classical Christian Schools) and ACSI (Association of Christian School International).
- All prospective and current employees must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the PCS Statement of Faith and the Declaration and Agreement to Ethical and Moral Integrity, understanding that they will serve as a Christian role-model for students as well as for other adults.
- All employees will complete a background check.